The Arouet Foundation’s mission is to provide educational assistance, workforce development, and job opportunities to incarcerated women, as well as ex-offenders, who are sincere about working hard to change their mindset and to become productive citizens. Our primary programs for this development are Transforming Our Possibilities (TOPS 1.0) & the Thrilling Opportunity Promoting Success (TOPS 2.0).
The programs are designed to facilitate a holistic approach to reintegration with a focus on professional employment and reduction in recidivism.
Transforming our PossibilitieS Reentry Program (TOPS 1.0)
Pre-Release: Transforming our PossibilitieS Reentry Program (TOPS 1.0)
- Setting Expectations and Limitations
- Preparing for Release
- Personal Finances
- Life Skills (Parenting, Conflict Resolution & Anger Management, Communication Skills, Decision Making, Positive Thinking and Respect)
- Substance Abuse/Mental & Medical Health
- Relationships & Support Systems
- Education and Employment (Career Matching & Planning, Resume Writing, and Interview Skills).
- Two 6-hour Super Saturday workshops where local community experts join Arouet staff at the Perryville Prison to teach hands-on workshops on Professionalism, Interview Skills, Resume Writing and Mock Interviews.
Pre-Release: Job Placement Services
Purpose: To educate the job market on the talent in prison and assist released women in finding roles in the community
- Assessment testing pre-release
- Dedicated recruiting consultant who will advocate for recently released (or soon to be released) women in the job market
- Interviewing Skills preparation
- Regular follow-up with employee and employer at 30, 60, 90, 180 days and 12-month intervals to help with acclimation
Thrilling Opportunity Promoting Success (TOPS 2.0)
Purpose: To continue post-release the holistic healing approach that was started in prison.
Post-Release: Thrilling Opportunity Promoting Success (TOPS 2.0)
- Four Personal Finance Workshops (Budgeting, Credit Repair, Home Ownership Preparation and 401(k) & Long-Term Financial Planning)
- Time Management
- Wellness & Healthy Living (Managing Stress, Smoking Cessation, Addressing Addiction, Healthy Eating, and Proper Exercise)
- Personal Accountably
- Parenting & Co-Parenting
- Effective Communication
- Social Media Etiquette
- Preparing for College
Post-Release: Arouet Mentorship Program
- Pairs newly released women with former TOPS graduates who have successfully navigated their own transition and are now living amazingly productive lives
- Preparatory course for entering mentors
- Regularly scheduled check-ins and with mentees and mentors
- ORAS Assessments/ Case plans
Televerde Endowment for New Scholars (TENS)
Purpose: To provide assistance with the cost of education for formerly incarcerated women who work at Televerde, an ACI workforce development partner.
- Manage the educational endowment funded by the employees of Televerde
- Grant scholarships to applicants based on established criteria
“TOPS has reminded me that life is messy . . . If I remove the emotion from my responses to the mess . . . I just might show up to a different kind of life”
Shawn T, TOPS Graduate